Wilson Daily Times, 8 June 1927.
With a slight barb for “those who did not help,” the War Mothers thanked the many people who helped with Memorial Day observances. The day included a three-mile walk to “Roundtree Cemetery” (most likely, in fact, Vick and Odd Fellows Cemeteries), which had been cleaned by Camillus L. Darden and staff ahead of their visit.
- Sarah Shade — Sarah Shade was about 16 years old in 1927.
- Jack Pitt
- War Mother Tyler
- Calvary Presbyterian Church
- Mount Sinai Baptist Church
- Georgia Aiken
- Sarah Hines
- Charles Thomas — either Charlie Thomas or Charles S. Thomas
- Vashti Robbins
- Henrietta Colvert
- A. Boisy Roberson
- M.D. Cannon — Mack D. Cannon.
- Dr. D.C. Yancey
- Dr. W.A. Mitchner
- Saint Mark’s P.E. Church
- Rev. J. Hubert Jones — John Hubert Jones.