foundry

Employees of Wainwright Foundry.

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 6.31.34 PM.png

On 18 May 1985, the¬†Wilson Daily Times¬†printed this remarkable photograph with the caption: “The employees of Wainwright Foundry, located on the north side of Pine Street between Broad and Kenan streets, posed for this photograph in 1894. From left are Jack Williamson, Frank Perry, George Rowland, Ad Holland, proprietor George H. Wainwright, William D. Thomas, Parker Battle and Smith Bennett. (Photo contributed by Hugh B. Johnston, restoration by Claude Anthony.”

Hat tip to Jim Skinner.