On 26 August 1897, grocer Annie V.C. Hunt placed an order with The Mosler Safe Company of Hamilton, Ohio, for a safe she had seen in an illustrated catalogue. The terms of purchase included her name, A.V.C. Hunt, painted on the safe’s side.
Deed book 45, page 491, Register of Deeds Office, Wilson.
On 21 March 1898, Louisa M. Daniel sold Julius F. Freeman a 125-acre tract called the Arky Gardner land in Gardners township. Freeman paid her $500.
Freeman married Eliza Daniel (or Daniels), daughter of Amos and Olive Daniel, in 1873. Was Louisa her kin?
Deed book 46, pages 421-422, Register of Deeds Office, Wilson County Courthouse.
In April 1898, Grant T. Foster entered into a contract to purchase on credit $85 worth of equipment from Cincinnati Butchers’ Supply Company. To secure the purchase, he gave the company a mortgage on his business. On 23 June 1898, having been paid in full, Cincinnati Butchers released Foster from the mortgage. Their notice to the Register of Deeds was pasted into the deed volume, so the details of the transaction are obscured, but a reference to a cooler measuring 4 feet by six feet by nine feet is visible.
This note was placed in the deed book as well.
An advertisement touting Foster’s meat market can be found here.
Deed book 46, page 523, Register of Deeds Office, Wilson.