White and colored will celebrate the birth of the Savior.
Wilson Daily Times, 24 December 1932.
Saint Alphonsus P.T.A. plans Christmas events.
Wilson Daily Times, 13 December 1945.
- Gail Peacock — Winifred Gail Peacock (1939), daughter of Levi H. and Eloise Reaves Peacock
- James Robinson — probably, James Thomas Robinson (1939), son of William H. and Anna Hines Robinson
- Kirkland Green
- Josephine Collins — Josephine Gwendolyn Collins (1939-1982), daughter of Ike and Lula Brown Collins.
- James Taylor
- Wendell Hines — Carl Wendell Hines Jr. (1940), son of Carl W. and Ruth J. Hines.
Dear Santa, 1949.
Darden High School’s outdoor Christmas program.
Wilson Daily Times, 18 December 1945.
The Barnes sisters write Santa.
Wilson Daily Times, 17 December 1930.
Four years later, Mary Barnes’ younger sister wrote Santa:
Wilson Daily Times, 22 December 1934.
In the 1940 census of Wilson, Wilson County: at 1020 [Wainwright], William Barnes, 58, cotton mill engineer; wife Julia, 55; children Evylene, 25, beautician in beauty parlor, Mary, 19, and William, 17, shoeshine boy in shoe shop; and “adopted daughter” Nebraska, 11.
Colored decorations are set.
Wilson’s Christmas light decorations did not cross the tracks until 1 December 1949.
Wilson Daily Times, 30 November 1949.
- Hartford Best — Hartford E. Bess.
Saint John opens the Christmas season.
Wilson Daily Times, 3 November 1942.
- Rev. A.G. Dunston