beauty salon

Aldridge’s beauty shoppe.

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 5.31.13 PM.png

Wilson Daily Times, 4 November 1946.

The 1947-48 Hill’s Wilson, N.C., city directory lists Annie’s Beauty Shop at 1114 1/2 Carolina Street. 1114 1/2 apparently was the address assigned to the small addition built to the grocery store at 1114 Carolina, at the corner of Carroll. Annie Edmundson Aldridge and her husband Prince A. Aldridge lived at 303 North Reid.

DeShazor’s Beauty College was a popular black-owned training school in Durham. See this video.

Photograph courtesy of Google Maps.