Wilson Daily Times, 18 April 1947.
In the spring of 1947, Economy Homes, Inc., a Winston-Salem developer, filed a plat map for a subdivision to be laid out two miles southeast of town along Black Creek Road. The lots were offered to African-American buyers and, with post-war housing in Wilson scarce, and they sold immediately.
The smaller lots were filled with single-family homes, but the long, narrow lots at the edge of the development, closest to Hominy Swamp, became the site of Lincoln Trailer Park.
Today, nearly all this land is scrub pine and weedy fields. Lincoln Heights had no height at all, and eventually the repeated flooding by the swamp canal won the day.
For more about the fate of Lincoln Heights, see here.