lodge hall

Hannibal Lodge building burns.

Wilson Daily Times, 29 October 1997.

For more about the Odd Fellows Hannibal Lodge building, see here and here. Shortly after it erected this building, Lodge #1552 established the Odd Fellows cemetery that now lies abandoned and overgrown on Lane Street.  

Elks Club.

In 1954, Marshall Lodge 297 of the International Brotherhood of the Protective Order of Elks dedicated a new brick lodge hall at the corner of Nash and Vick Streets. Prior to this, the Elks met at 541 East Nash.

1001-1005 East Nash Street.

Clarence Best engraved the cornerstone.

The lodge is defunct, and the building, long abandoned, is scheduled for demolition.

Hill’s Wilson, N.C. City Directory (1930).