For sale, the following public schools, pt. 3.

In the fall of 1951, having opened several modern — or modernized — brick buildings across the county, the Wilson County Board of Education moved to auction off its old colored school houses, some of which had been built with Rosenwald funds. For several weeks, the Wilson Daily Times ran lengthy notices identifying the properties by name and metes and bounds. Schools set for sale included Bynums, Saratoga, Yelverton, Stantonsburg, and Evansdale Colored Schools in Gardners, Saratoga, and Stantonsburg townships.

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.40.17 AM

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.40.36 AM

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.40.59 AM

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.41.48 AM

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.42.00 AM

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 6.42.19 AM

Wilson Daily Times, 23 October 1951.

3 comments

Leave a Reply