New York Age, 20 September 1919.
Charles Henry Moore, an Amherst College graduate who helped establish North Carolina State Agricultural and Technical University, served as a regional director for the Rosenwald Fund, whose school-building initiative Charles L. Coon largely opposed. Moore published an account of his school tour in May 1920 in volume 49, number 5, of The Southern Workman, Hampton Institute’s monthly magazine. The article did not mention Coon’s rudeness during Moore’s visit to Wilson County.
Clinton J. Calloway was director of agricultural extension work at Tuskegee Institute and managed the Rosenwald program.
For more re Wilson County’s Rosenwald schools, see here.