On 30 January 1947, the Wilson Daily Times published a lengthy list of contributors to the fundraising drive of the Mercy Hospital Women’s Auxiliary. The list, reproduced here in five parts, included many of black Wilson’s leading individuals, businesses and institutions.
Wilson Daily Times, 30 January 1947.
- Dr. Badie T. Clark — Clark Badie T (Margt S) phys Carolina General Hosp home 607 Raleigh Rd
- B.O. Barnes — Barnes Boisey O (c; Flossie H) physician 525 1/2 E Nash h 613 E Green
- Doris Parks — Parks Doris L (c) case war County Bd of Charities & Public Welfare h 604 Green
- William Hines — Hines Wm M (c; Ethel L) barber h 615 E Green
- Anna J. Johnson — Johnson Robt Rev (c; Anna) pastor St Marks Episcopal Church h 1111 Washington
- Norma Darden — Norma Duncan Darden. Darden Norma E Mrs (c) v-pres Darden Mutual Burial Assn h 108 Pender
- Ethel L. Hines — Ethel L. Cornwell Hines.
All annotations, some edited for clarity, are entries in Hill’s Wilson City Directory 1947-48.