These African-American men were among the Wilson Countians nominated as delegates to the North Carolina constitutional convention just after the Civil War. None were selected.
- Henry Jones, age 30, farmer, black.
- Lawrence Moye, age 25, preacher, black.
- Gordon Grimes, age 35, farmer, black.
- Mac. Jones, age 24, farmer, black.
- Edw. Barnes, farmer, black.
- Jeremiah Bullet, colored.
I have not found certain record of any of these men in any other Wilson County records.
From “Registers and reports of registrars recommended for the election of delegates to the Constitutional Convention of 1868,” North Carolina Freedmen’s Bureau Assistant Commissioner Records, 1862-1870, http://www.familysearch.org.