Take a walk with me.
This obviously was done in one take, so a few clarifications:
- Estimating the height of the pole does not involve “triangulation.” But it’s definitely math.
- I meant the central monument, not “the marker.” But actually, per GIS info, the monument area is about 126′ above sea level, whereas an area that straddles the border with Wright Farm is 130′. The lowest points of Vick, both along the fence at Odd Fellows, are 116′. None of Vick lies in a flood plain, but after heavy rain, water often stands in the low areas. Aerials taken in winter months, such as that on the County’s GIS website, reveal the muddiness of this area.
- The ground isn’t “more dense” at gravesite, but it’s been disturbed and may have a different composition than the surrounding soil. The grass is definitely more lush. (Which is actually pretty disturbing to contemplate.)
- Siri thought I was talking to her at one point.
- The fire ants. Wow. I sacrificed my right ankle for this clip.