Knights of Gideon Mutual Society were just one of many fraternal organizations and benevolent societies operating in East Wilson in the early twentieth century. Information about K. of G. is scarce, but Mount Maria [Moriah?] Lodge No. 7 was included in the 1908 edition of the Wilson city directory.
Hill’s Wilson, N.C, city directory (1908).
Lodge No. 7 met at the Mount Hebron Masonic hall at the corner of Pender and Smith Streets.