Wilson Daily Times, 5 April 1932.
The Lincoln Theatre, a white-owned theatre catering to African-American audiences, operated in the late 1920s and early 1930s at 417 East Nash Street. Can anyone identify the “daring inside story of the traffic in souls”?
417 East Nash Street, courtesy of Google Maps. In the 1970s, the building housed a legendary discotheque, Midtown Lounge, and now is home to a branch of Whole Truth Church.
Hill’s 1930 Wilson, N.C., city directory lists Greek immigrant George C. Woller as the manager of the Lincoln.