Wilson Daily Times, 11 November 2000.
This photo of Wilson Chapel Free Will Baptist Church is undated, but appears to have been taken in the 1930s or ’40s. Founded in 1910, Wilson Chapel originally held services in the home of Sister Lucy Hoskins at 908 Gay Street.
1922 Sanborn fire insurance map of Wilson, N.C. By this time, Wilson Chapel, circled, had moved into a building first occupied by Jackson Chapel, a Missionary Baptist congregation. Wilson Chapel was located in a heavily industrialized block, with Wilson County Gin next door and Farmer’s Cotton Oil Mill plant across Barnes Street. Grace Street no longer exists.