Samuel H. Vick penned this memorial to his friend Braswell R. Winstead, his schoolmate at Wilson Academy and Lincoln University, his assistant postmaster, his fellow teacher and Mason, and his co-founder of Calvary Presbyterian.
Wilson Daily Times, 24 August 1928.
- Braswell R. Winstead — Braswell R. Winstead died 22 August 1926 in Wilson. Per his death certificate, he was born about 1866 in Wilson County to Riley Robins and Malissa Winstead; worked as a barber; resided at 415 East Green Street; and was married to Ada E. Winstead. He was buried in the Masonic cemetery.
- “home on Green Street” — 415 East Green Street.
- Joseph C. Price
- Lincoln University
- Colored Graded School
- Calvary Presbyterian Church
- wife and two sons — second wife Ada Davis Winstead and sons Dr. Roland T. Winstead and, likely, Arnold C. Winstead. He actually had several more children.
- Rev. A.H. George — Arthur H. George.
- S.H. Vick — Samuel H. Vick.
Thanks to J. Robert Boykin III for sharing the clipping.