In 1917, Atlantic Coast Realty prepared a plat map subdividing the James W. Hayes Farm near Elm City into ten parcels. The farm’s location is readily identifiable as the tip of the triangle formed by present-day East Langley and Haynes Roads. At the tip of the tip, this notation: “Church 1/2 A, Excepted.”
The original Little Union Primitive Baptist Church!
Plat book 1, page 40, Register of Deeds Office, Wilson; aerial view courtesy of Google Maps.