Hardy H. Williamson died without a will in 1858, and his brother Raiford Williamson was appointed administrator of his estate. He died possessed of 15 enslaved people.
Six “boys” (at least some of whom were in their 20’s) were hired out for short terms while the estate was in probate:
These are the enslaved people named in Hardy H. Williamson’s will. Their lives, if possible, will be explored in detail elsewhere with updated links here. Daniel, Edmond, and Alex are believed to be brothers — the sons of Silvy. (Though not the Silvy listed here.) Angy, Silvy, Henry and Spencer were Liddy’s children by Handy Atkinson, who had a different owner.
- Trial — Trial Williamson.
- Daniel — Daniel Williamson.
- Edmon — Edmond Williamson.
- Ellick — Alexander Williamson.
- Henry — Henry Williamson.
- Spencer — Spencer Williamson.
- Arch — Arch Atkinson.
- Liddy — Lida (or Lydia) Williamson, alias Atkinson.
- Spicy — Spicy Williamson Adams.
- Angy — Angeline Atkinson Hinnant.
- Silvy — Silvia Atkinson Boykin.