In 1940, Henderson J. Cooke wrote a regular column about Wilson social doings for Durham’s The Carolina Times. This week, Cooke focused much of his attention on the doings of Rev. Hattie L. Daniels and his own family.
The Carolina Times, 24 March 1940.
- Rev. Mrs. Hattie L. Daniels — in the 1940 census of Wilson, Wilson County: Cleveland Daniel, 40, fireman at city plant; wife Hattie, 38, saleswoman at Steward Co.; and father-in-law Mack Owens, 60, farm laborer. All were born in Georgia.
- Willis Owens Jr.
- Mildred Blakney
- Rev. Woods
- R.A.G. Foster — Richard A.G. Foster.
- Elinor Foster — Elenore Hasting Foster.
- J.L. Cooke — Jerry L. Cooke.
- Mrs. J.L. Cooke — Clara Godette Cooke.