In 1954, Marshall Lodge 297 of the International Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks dedicated a new brick lodge hall at the corner of Nash and Vick Streets. Prior to this, the Elks met at 541 East Nash.
1001-1005 East Nash Street.
Clarence Best engraved the cornerstone.
The lodge is defunct, and the building, long abandoned, is scheduled for demolition.
Hill’s Wilson, N.C. City Directory (1930).