This photograph is labeled “520 E. Nash, Wilson.” The subject is unknown, and the image appears to date from the 1940s. The 1941 Wilson city directory lists at that address a billiard parlor operated by Hally A. Armstrong. (The current three-storefront building at that address was built in the late 1950s and has been occupied by variety stores and beauty shops.)
[Update: this is a John H. Baker portrait.]
Photograph courtesy of Paul Ashford, from a collection belonging to his grandmother Reka Aldridge Ashford Morrisey of Eureka, Wayne County.